Rules of Exponents
***Qtr. 2 - NOW***
Dear PARENTS, the following website is designed to keep you informed and to share valuable information about what your student is currently working on and the study materials to help them be successful at this critical grade level. Students need to only click on the links and study the necessary materials to help them prepare for the coming assessments.
For each quarter, you will find that every week is comprised of the following 4 items:
1) ASSESSMENTS: This is what has been communicated to the students within the classroom setting. This has been placed with the week & date, so as to be the first reminder of what to expect that week. This is subject to change.
2) NOTES/VOCABULARY: The notes and vocabulary have been given to students during the class period, but have been replicated for your convenience to keep you apprised of what your student is working on. For students that have been out, they may copy the notes in order to avoid any gaps in their studies.
3) VIDEOS: Though we go over the concepts in class, it is always helpful to be able to review how a particular topic is accomplished. These have also been placed here for the parents showing you some of the possible techniques to assist your child. They may play these videos as often as they need.
4) HOMEWORK: These assignments are given to students as practice prior to assessments so that they can be successful.
- Unless otherwise noted, Advanced students are required to achieve a 100% proficiency and Regular students are to achieve an 80% proficiency.
- We require students to work the problems out on paper for better accuracy and that these worksheets are to be handed in on Friday at the beginning of their class period.
- Students who do NOT turn in the work will only receive 70% of what they achieved..
- The current program monitors how a student is doing and lets them know if they need to make a correction. If a student makes a mistake, the program gives helpful advice at the bottom of the page and shares with them how to solve it.
- HOMEWORK REPAIR - When a student finishes missing homework, they need to fill out an index card with their FIRST & LAST Name, period they are in AND What WEEK(S) they have completed to the teacher for them to receive credit